1. Have you ever broken the law?
2. What is your most embarrassing memory?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. How would your friends describe you?
5. What games did you play when you were a child?
6. What was your very first job?
7. If a genie offered you 3 wishes, what would you choose?
8. On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy do you feel right now?
9. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
10. Where in the world would you most like to travel?
11. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
12. If you were an animal, which one would you like to be and why?
13. What was your very first impression of me?
14. What do you think happens after one dies?
15. What have you always wanted to try?
1. Have you ever broken the law?
After exchanging several messages with this very special individual on VIPocean, you finally decide to meet.
Your date is outstanding, but how to make sure that he/she is 100% honest?
Become a HUMAN LIE DETECTOR and get to read his/her mind!
Your interlocutor might lie if:
-His physical expression is limited, with very little hand or arm movement.
- He avoids eye contact.
- He touches his face, throat or mouth.
- There is a delay or mismatch between gestures, expressions and words.
- He limits his expressions to mouth movement while true expressions usually involve the whole face. For instance, a person who smiles naturally will show cheek movement, eyes getting squished, etc. while a forced/polite smile only involves the mouth muscles.
- He is defensive. A guilty person usually gets defensive while an innocent person will often go on the offensive.
- He turns his head or body away.
- He unconsciously places objects between him and you (coffee cup, cell phone…)
- He answers you with the same exact words you used to formulate your question. (ex: ‘Did you eat the last cookie’ ‘no, I did not eat the last cookie’.)
- He implies an answer instead of denying something.
- He adds unnecessary details to try to convince you.
- He looks uncomfortable with pauses and silence when talking about the topic he lies about.
- He uses sarcasm to avoid a subject.
Last tip, if you think your interlocutor is lying, just change the topic of the conversation suddenly. A guilty person will follow along willingly and become more relaxed. An innocent person may get confused by this sudden change of topic and may want to go back to the previous subject.
You are now well equipped to decide if you want to go any further with your date!
Before signing up to a dating website, people often wonder whether it is really going to work. Well it seems like the chances are there!
According to some studies, 51% of online daters will meet within only 1 month of beginning online dating.
And what’s next?
It looks like online dating is also meant for life-long relationship seekers! Some studies show that in Western Europe, 5 to 10% of married couples met online. And in the USA, 42% of married couples between the ages of 26 and 35 first met online!
1. Internet daters are not losers!
Online dating websites are not meant for social misfits and weirdoes. In fact it is quite the opposite! Potential daters are more likely to be sociable, have a high self-esteem and a low dating anxiety. Studies prove that online daters use the internet as just one more way to meet new people and not because they can’t hack it face-to-face.
2. Online daters (almost) never lie
Ok ok, it is true that women are likely to lie a little bit about their weight, and men about their height on their online profiles. However, daters are usually truthful about their age (with only a 1.5% deviation) and with their pictures. According to various lab photo studies, only 4% of the online daters are posting photos where they look more attractive than in real-life.
3. Profile picture determines response-rate
Submitting a profile picture increases up to 70% the chances of being contacted. Women with the highest response-rate make eye-contact with the camera and look flirty. Men with highest response-rate look away from the camera and do not smile. Men should avoid a flirty expression that could be interpreted very negatively by women. The photos associated with the longest conversations show the dater with an animal, doing something interesting or being in an interesting location. The photos associated with shortest conversations show the dater in bed or drinking.